Press Operator (Houston Plant)
Since 1946, ITD Precision has served the metal stamping needs of a wide variety of manufacturers. Over the years, with continuous improvement, we have been able to provide high quality metal stampings and outstanding customer service.
ITD has grown to one of the largest metal stamping companies in Texas and attributes this to relentless commitment to outstanding quality and productivity.
As part of our visions, ITD has set its goals on global quality and making ITD a great place to work. We take pride in our clean, climate controlled factory. Don’t put your career plans on hold; connect with the winning team today! ITD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Applicants with experience setting progressive metal stamping dies and punch press line equipment will take precedence over other candidates. Applicants with a solid work history in plastic, wood and the metal industries will be considered acceptable lateral experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installs, and aligns dies in press according to written and verbal instructions.
• Adjusts press, straighteners, feeds, de-coilers and die controls to meet process requirements
• Operates material handling equipment to transport raw materials and stamping product.
• Places product identification labels on material and stamping product.
• Positions material against fixtures or stops on press bed or on die.
• Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
• Performs and records required inspections of stamping product for conformance to specifications.
• Cleans and lubricates machines.
• Suggests measures to improve efficiency or safety of work performed, or quality of stampings produced.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Ability to read and write instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate must possess 1-2 years of metal stamping experience. A combination of knowledge, trade skill, and/or ability will meet your requirements.
The physical demands while performing the duties of this job, frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to hold, handle and communicate clearly. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics while performing duties are regularly:
Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
For consideration e-mail your resume or apply in person;
9719 Telge Rd.
Houston TX 77095